August 20, 2012

Eid Mubarak to all with some Spicy Lamb Chops

To start with, Eid Mubarak to all my Muslim friends. Remembering the yummy Mutton Biriyani and all those gorgeous yumm food that my friends used to send over on this day. It has been awfully quite lately and I am missing my husband. We social a lot more when he is at home and enjoy a lot more yummy food. There is no fun cooking for yourself. Don't you agree? This time though I was craving for some really good food. I love lamb chops and it has been quite long since I made a good one. My husband is not a fan of lamb so we cook a lot of Chicken at home. This recipe is inspired from Chef Sanjay Thumma's VahRehVah website and I have made my own changes to it like cooking it in the oven instead of on the stove top. It was quite deli-sh but I would not say it is the best I have tried till now. It is good to have different tasty recipes in your repertoire and will make it this one again. Serve this alongside a good pulav and raita for a complete meal. I am still on the look out for a perfect Indian Lamb chops. If you have one that you feel is definitely better than this one and don't mind sharing, send me an email or comment below.
You will need:
Lamb chops - 10 pieces
Coriander powder - 1 tbsp
Chili powder - 1 tsp
Yogurt - 3 tbsp
Oil - 2 tbsp
Lemon juice -  1 tsp
Flour - 1/2 tsp
Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
Vinegar - 2 tbsp
Salt and pepper - To taste
Coriander leaves chopped - 1 tsp and a little bit more to garnish

Make a smooth paste of all the ingredients and massage it well into the lamb chops.
Marinate the lamb chops in an airtight container or a Ziploc pouch for about 6 hours. Overnight is best.
Heat a pan with enough oil to shallow fry the lamb.
Fry the lamb chops on both sides for about 3 minutes on medium heat or until it gives a nice charred look. Doing this will also seal in all the juices.
Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 200 C.
Bake the lamb chops along with the left over marinade liquid if any, on an oven proof tray for about 10 minutes.
Reduce the heat to 170 and bake for another 20 to 30 minutes or until done the way you would like it. Don't forget to turn them over half way through bake time.
Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot.

1 comment: