July 14, 2012

Spicy Chicken Kababs

Who doesn't like well cooked juicy kababs with all those wonderful flavours in the right balance? I love kababs and it is my sure order at every food court I visit. I am so glad I found this recipe for a perfectty juicy and spicy kababs. They are a perfect accompaniment to a chilled glass of beer on a cozy evening or even to awe your guests during that special dinner party. I made this thrice and at all times was asked if they were restaurant bought. My father in law loved this and he compliments my cooking only if it is really worthy to do so :) . I have added Chilli Powder in the place of Kashmiri Chilli powder to make it more spicy, so please adjust the spice accordingly. 
You will need:
Chicken Breast cubed - 500 gms
Maida - 3 Tbsp
Corn Flour - 1 1/2 Tbsp
Kashmiri Red Chili Powder or regular Chili Powder - 2 tbsp
Cumin Powder - 1/4 tsp
Coriander Powder - 1/4 tsp
Garam Masala Powder - 1/4 tsp
Carrom seeds (Ajwain) -  a pinch
Lemon Juice - 2 tbsp
Beaten Egg - 1
Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tbsp
Salt as per taste
Red Food Colour - a pinch (Optional)

Marinate the chicken with a mixture of all the ingredients for a minimum of 4 hours.
Heat about 1/2 cup oil in a pan and shallow fry the marinated chicken on medium flame for about 5 minutes on one side.
Turn over and fry for another 2-3 minutes. Do not over fry else it will become too dry.
Drain on a kitchen paper and serve hot with Onion rings and lemon wedges.

2 comments:

  1. You have a great website that I have been referring to with regards to learning new recipes. Keep it up. Conference Centre Manchester

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot. Have u joined the followers yet? Pls do :)

      Delete