June 11, 2012

Chocolate Bundt Cake with Ganache Glaze


It is my 50th post and what better than everyone’s favourite – a decadent chocolate cake.  There are not many people who doesn’t like a Chocolate cake so this post is rather special. I was bitten by that baking bug again this morning and really wanted to make something special. I made this for two gorgeous little girls who live next door and whom my little toddler loves. So this one is for them!  This is cake is very soft and chocolaty, just like how a good chocolate cake should be. This one is a keeper and am sure I will be making this again soon.
You will need:
Dark Chocolate chopped – 56 gms
Vegetable oil – 3/4th cup
Egg – 1
Sugar – 1 cup
Vanilla Essence – 1 tsp
Cake Flour – 2 cups
Cocoa Powder – ½ cup
Salt – ¼ tsp
Baking Powder – 2 tbsp
Buttermilk – 1 cup
Strong coffee – 1 cup

Melt the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl in brief intervals till you get a smooth mixture.
Whisk together the oil, sugar, egg, vanilla essence and the cooled melted chocolate until the sugar is dissolved.
Sieve together all the dry ingredients.
Add the dry ingredients to the chocolate mixture alternating with the buttermilk and coffee a little at a time whisking gently until smooth.
Pour into a silicone bundt cake mold or a greased bundt cake tin.
If you are using a silicone mold, make sure you place it on a cookie sheet before lifting it to the oven; else you may end up spilling the mixture.
Bake in a preheated oven for about 40 minutes (silicone mold) or 45 minutes (regular bundt tin) or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
Once done, allow the cake to cool completely before removing from the mold.
Pour the Ganache over the cooled cake and let it set slightly before serving.


Chocolate Ganache Glaze:
Dark Chocolate chopped – 80 gms
Cream – 1/3 cup
Corn syrup – ½ tbsp
Butter – ½ tbsp
Put the chopped chocolate, butter and corn syrup in a bowl.
Heat the cream and pour over chocolate. Let it rest for a minute and stir until smooth.


5 comments:

  1. looks very inviting...following you...
    where do you get corn syrup?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank u Binita :) . I got Corn Syrup from IBCA on mission road in Bangalore!

      Delete
  2. Hi Serah,

    U must have heard this several times"..I chanced upon ur website...." me too! I was looking for sepen recipe and landed on ur page.humm and I spent a lot of time going through ur posts. What I like about ur posts is that u use easily available ingredients. And I like ur taste which is very similar to my family's. I too love to cook varied dishes for my family but having a fulltime job restrict leisure cooking for weekends. I use my OTG for very basic stuff as I have not yet been able to make meat juicy. it always dries out. But after going through your posts I'm very tempted to try crispy chicken and pork ribs!
    Hopefully this weekend.
    Regards
    Micky
    micks.neelam@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Micky :) !!! Welcome to my blog. I am so glad you liked what you saw until now. You should definitely try some of the recipes especially the pork and the crispy chicken.Those are my favourites. If you have any queries regarding the recipes, please do feel free to ask anytime :) . PS. With the chicken, must have it immediately out of the oven, else keep it on keep warm mode until you ready to have it. Lemme know!! Glad to have you here. Please do join the blog if you would like to follow more.

      Delete
  3. The Choco-Bundt cake came out very very well.Thank you for the recipe. I skipped the Ganache , thinking about the calories that family may put on ! The cake was superb !
    From this blog, this is the third recipe I am trying out - am a fan now!

    Leena Tharian
    [Rachel's sister - Samcy Philip and Rachel]

    ReplyDelete