April 2, 2012

Crispy Chicken

I know how many people who have eaten this at my place are grinning at the moment :) ! I know, I know... you have been waiting for me to post this forever so I dont want to keep you waiting anymore. Now we dont need to run to KFC anymore to eat all those oily fried chicken. You can now make it at home with a healthy twist and in no time. The Captain calls this chicken SFC "Serah Fried Chicken " but I refuse to accept that name as it doesn't do justice to this chicken. Firstly, it is "not fried". It is baked and equally delicious. Anybody coming to our home for the first time for a meal will surely have this treat, for I know it will not fail me or their taste buds. So here it is! Enjoy KFC style chicken in a healthy way.


You will need :
Chicken Pieces of your choice (I used drums this time ) - 1 Kg
Chilli Powder - 1 tbsp
Garlic Paste - 1 tsp
Keya Garlic Bread Seasoning or Garlic Powder - 1 tsp ( Optional)
Plain Flour - 1/4 cup
Milk or buttermilk -3/4th cup
Cornflakes - 250 gms approx
Salt to taste

Marinate the chicken in all the ingredients except cornflakes and set aside in the refrigerator for a maximum of 24 hours and minimum of 3 hours.
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
Crush the cornflakes and coat the chicken pieces in the cornflakes.
Arrange it on a baking tray and put a small dollop of butter on all the pieces.
Bake in the preheated oven for exactly 30 minutes and serve hot with some coleslaw, fries and enjoy your very own home made KFC mock Crispy Chicken. (Keep it in the oven itself on "keep warm" mode if you don't plan on having it immediately else it will become soggy.)

7 comments:

  1. My kitchen was out of cooking gas and I was looking to make dinner without it looking as a compromise!!! That's when i glanced upon this recipe,it turned out to be a life saver, it was perfect !!! ThanQ for sharing a keeper !Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi - just discovered your blog and love it.
    1. in this recipe - crispy chicken, is the chicken marinated in the plain flour too?

    2. please post some fish curry recipes?

    thank you,
    d

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes :) ! It marinated in the flour too. Will post some fish curry when i do find a recipe that's truly worth it :).

      Delete
  3. i tried this but when I got the drumsticks out of the oven, the cornflakes had gotten soggy! The chicken was cooked perfectly but there wasn't the crispiness of the cornflakes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thts not good! Not sure what went wrong. I make this very often at home and its always crispy. Thats when its had immediately. When kept out too long, it becomes soft. Just like our KFCs. When i make this for a dinner party, i keep it in the oven itself. I keep it on "Keep warm" mode and when i have to serve it, its super crispy. Try it.Hope it works next time.

      Delete
  4. i have tried your recipe..the chicken is in the oven at the moment..fingers crossed...

    ReplyDelete